Journey of Renewal™ is an intensive, year-long wellness experience designed to help rostered leaders and churchworkers grow their ability to live well in Christ. It includes retreats and small group telephonic coaching to help participants:
- Explore their strengths, core values, and God's plan for them.
- Create personal direction statements that articulate goals for the year-long experience.
- Create personal wellness plans to support them as they live to be a whole person of God.
- The cost is $600. Lodging, meals, and travel are not included.
Please correct the errors on this page to continue.
No Journey of Renewal events are scheduled at this time. If rostered leaders and churchworkers in your organization are interested in Journey of Renewal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is It Right for You?
Journey of Renewal is offered to ELCA rostered leaders and churchworkers who feel the need to reconnect and recommit to their ministries. So ask yourself these questions:
- Am I stewarding all my gifts — including mind, body, spirit, possessions, relationships, and time — in a way that allows me to live a centered life?
- Is my health being sacrificed in order to serve others?
- Do I need to reconnect with myself, God, and my colleagues?
- Do I need to recenter my life and recommit to my ministry?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Journey of Renewal may be a good fit for you.
A Three-part Experience
Over the course of one year, participants explore, reflect, and take action toward renewing their well-being in all areas of their lives and ministries.
- Opening retreat. About 30 participants start their year-long experience by attending a two-day retreat involving worship, learning, prayer, and connection. While there, they're encouraged to further discover their strengths and core values, identify those in their lives who could support them during the year, and begin working on a personal direction statement and wellness plan.
Ten months of telephonic, hour-long, small-group coaching calls. Small groups (about five people) participate in monthly coaching conference calls where they learn from and are supported by one another and a professional coach, who is an ELCA pastor.
Each month, the group begins the call by practicing a different spiritual discipline. They discuss their reflections, joys, and struggles, and the coach introduces a new idea or concept that builds upon the prior month. Between calls, participants are invited to reflect on the new focus and use tools, resources, and exercises to further their wellness plan.
- Closing retreat. Journey of Renewal concludes with a final two-day retreat focused on sustaining accomplishments realized and living forward as a new creation in Christ.